Eduardo joined the PhD program in September 2017. His research interests include cybersecurity, data science and machine learning, Information Technology (IT) governance . After completing his MBA degree at McGill University in Montréal (with double concentration in Finance and Management Information Systems), Eduardo held positions of increasing responsibility in the area of Information Technology for multiple global corporations including the Johnson & Johnson group of companies, Biovail Pharmaceuticals (now Valeant Pharmaceuticals International) and Danby Appliances inc. Eduardo has been a Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2005, and held certifications in Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF), Supply Chain Management (APICS) and Six Sigma (Johnson & Johnson).
- Ph.D. candidate, information systems – DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada (2017-now)
- Master of Business Administration – McGill University, Montréal, QC, Canada (1999-2001),
- Bachelor of engineering (electronics) – Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, CU, Colombia (1991-1996)
Publications and conferences
- Enterprise IT Governance and DevSecOps: a Grounded Theory Literature Review (link), 2019. ISACA – North America expo and conference (link). Lopez, E. and Valani, A.
- Expo: critical factors in the use of machine learning for the detection of insider’s misuse in information systems (link), 2018. IBM | 28th Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering. Lopez, E. and Sartipi, K.
- Feature engineering in Big Data for detection of information systems misuse (link), 2018. IBM | 28th Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (link). Lopez, E. and Sartipi, K.
- Factors impacting Big Data analytics implementations, 2018. ASAC 2018 – Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (link). Lopez, E. and Sohail, M.
- Security and privacy in knowledge management, 2018. ASAC 2018 – Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (link). Lopez, E.